Hardly a recipe at all but I felt the need to share this easy peasy recipe that my children love. These chicken goujons are the perfect way to get children cooking in the kitchen with you. Not only will the kids have fun helping but they will be learning at the same time.
This recipes is enough to feed 3 to 4 children depending on their appetite.
250g mini chicken fillets
1/2 box of Panko breadcrumbs
Plain flour (about 2 heaped dessert spoons)
Salt & pepper
2 tablespoons sunflower or vegetable oil
1. Pre heat your oven to 180c (fan)
2. Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan
3. Now get 2 large plates, 1 large bowl and a non stick baking tray.
4. In your first plate add the flour and season with the salt and pepper.
5. In the large bowl crack in the egg and beat until combined.
6. In the second plate scatter the breadcrumbs.
7. Now to get dipping, dip the chicken fillets in the flour to fully coat, then the egg and then finally in the breadcrumbs.
8. Fry the goujons on both sides until golden brown, I then like to finish off by placing them on a baking tray in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes to ensure they are fully cooked through.
A simple dinner of chicken goujons, a jacket potato and salad for the children or grown ups if you like.