Warming and comforting, there is nothing better than a bowl of delicious soup. A bowl of my spicy carrot soup will definitely keep out the chills this Bonfire Night. Be careful with the chilli flakes, you don’t want it too hot.
Spicy Carrot Soup
Ingredients (Serves 3)
450g carrots, sliced in rounds
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 Kallo organic chicken stock cube
600ml boiling water
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large lidded casserole pan and sauté the onions for a couple of minutes.
2. Then add the carrots and chilli flakes. Cook in the pan for a further 5 minutes.
3. Make up the chicken stock using the stock cube and boiling water, then add to the pan.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer with the lid partially on for about 20 minutes, until the carrots are cooked.
5. Remove the carrots and onion with a slotted spoon and place in a blender, along with half of the stock.
6. Blitz in the blender, then add more of the stock and blitz again until you get the desired consistency. I use all the stock but that’s up to you.
7. Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if necessary. Blitz again in the blender for a moment.
8. Serve immediately with crusty bread or reheat later when needed. I like to grind a little black pepper on top of my soup when I serve it.
The soup goes perfectly with my Cheese and Sun-dried Tomato Soda Bread.
Simple, easy and tasty. I hope you enjoy.
Until next time.