When I found a Christmas chocolate bark mould in Lakeland, I instantly thought it would be great for making edible Christmas gifts. I’ve topped the chocolate barks with pistachios and cranberries, as I think they look Christmassy but feel free to choose other dried fruits and nuts. The chocolate barks are absolutely lovely gift wrapped in cellophane bags tied with a festive ribbon. They are ideal for popping in your child’s Christmas stocking, or giving to the class teacher or even as a token present for a work colleague. Whoever you make them for, I’m sure the lucky recipient will be very grateful indeed. After all, who doesn’t like chocolate really.
Festive Pistachio and Cranberry Milk Chocolate Bark
Ingredients (Makes 2)
200g milk chocolate
25g dried cranberries
15g pistachios (chopped in half)
1. Break up the chocolate and place in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t come into contact with the water. Melt the chocolate over the low heat.
2. Once melted remove from the heat.
3. Place the mould on a chopping board, for stability. Then, pour the melted chocolate into the mould. Use a spatula to ease the chocolate in place. Then bang the chopping board onto the work surface to disperse any air bubbles.
4. Next, scatter the pistachios and cranberries carefully on top of the melted chocolate.
5. Allow to cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate if necessary before you release the bark from the mould.
6. Place in cellophane bags and tie with a festive ribbon.
There you have it, beautiful festive edible gifts that everyone will enjoy. Assuming they like chocolate that is!
Until next time.
Blog hop from Mumsnet
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…