These delectable biscuits are super easy to make and are great mid morning with a cup of tea or coffee.
Ingredients (Makes 14)
225g plain flour
175g unsalted butter (softened)
100g golden caster sugar
100g dark chocolate chips
50g pistachios (chopped)
1. Mix the butter and sugar together until thoroughly combined.
2. Stir in the flour using a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes a dough.
3. Add the chocolate chips and pistachios and knead briefly to evenly distribute throughout the dough.
4. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
5. Divide the biscuit dough into 14 pieces, roll each piece into a ball. Then, place the balls of biscuit dough on the lined baking sheet and flatten until about 1cm thick.
6. Place both the baking sheets in the fridge to allow the uncooked biscuits to firm up, chill for at least 1 hour.
7. Pre heat the oven to Fan 160c.
8. Oven bake the biscuits for about 20 to 25 minutes, the biscuit will be pale gold when cooked.
9. Leave on the baking sheets for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
I really hope you enjoy making these biscuits and eating them too of course. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment in the box below.
Until next time.
I’ve entered this recipe in #recipe of the week with A Mummy too.