Hot smoked mackerel is something I buy frequently and usually have it grilled served with a side salad. Today, I’ve tried something different but very easy by accompanying the mackerel with orzo pasta and rocket. This little recipe is ideal for a quick lunch or supper.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
100g orzo pasta
2 hot smoked mackerel fillets
A handful of rocket
1. Cook the orzo pasta in a saucepan with plenty of salted boiling water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, grill the mackerel fillets for about 6 to 7 minutes on a medium heat, turning a couple of times.
3. Once the orzo is cooked drain it and return the orzo back to the pan.
4. Remove the skin from the mackerel and cut into bite size chunks. Then, add the mackerel and rocket to the orzo.
5. Add a grinding of black pepper. Then, stir everything around so the mackerel oils coat the orzo and rocket. Now it’s ready to serve.
A very straight forward recipe using a real flavoursome fish. Not forgetting that mackerel contains healthy omega oils so it’s good for you too.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and like always I love to hear what you think.
Until next time.