Sausage rolls are the perfect party food and these festive inspired sausage rolls are ideal for your New Year’s Eve Party.
If like me you enjoy cranberry sauce with your turkey, then I’m sure you will like these cranberry sausage rolls too. Yes, I have cheated by buying the puff pastry but I was short of time. It is the holidays after all.
Ingredients (Makes 18)
6 pork and herb sausages (400g best quality)
6 tablespoons cranberry sauce
375g puff pastry
1 tablespoon milk
A little plain flour
1. Pre heat the oven to Fan 180c. On a floured surface roll your pastry out in a rectangle measuring 30cm by 45cm, then cut in half so that you have two long thin rectangles measuring 15cm by 45cm.
2. In the centre of each pastry rectangle, spread a line of cranberry sauce.
3. Slice the sausage casing with a knife to remove the sausagemeat, then with your hands shape the sausagemeat so it is longer and thinner. Do this for each sausage and place on top of the cranberry sauce.
4. Beat the egg with the milk to make the egg wash. Using a pastry brush, brush the long edges with the egg wash.
5. Fold one of the long edges of the pastry over the sausagemeat, then fold the other on top to encase the meat. Repeat with the other one. Then flip both over so that the seals are underneath.
6. Egg wash the pastry and then cut each long roll into 9 pieces approximately 5cm in length. So you end up with 18 sausage rolls.
7. Place on two baking trays and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
These sausage rolls are really quite yummy, do give them a try I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving your comments in the box below.
Until next time.