Happy New Year, I have an easy peasy recipe for you as we begin 2014.
This quick pasta dish is made with mafaldine pasta, a unique long pasta with crinkly edges. I think it’s rather fun to experiment with different pasta types and this one is very pretty on the plate. One night, I needed a speedy supper for one and after taking a look in my fridge and freezer, this was the result. It was quite good too.
Ingredients (Serves 1 easily doubled)
100g mafaldine pasta
6 slices of pepperoni
65g frozen spinach (approx weight or use a handful of fresh spinach instead)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons double cream
1/8 teaspoon chilli flakes
1. In a large saucepan of salted boiling water cook the mafaldine pasta until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and then sauté the frozen spinach until wilted.
3. Slice the pepperoni in strips about 1cm wide and add to the pan.
4. Remove a small cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside.
5. When the pasta is cooked drain it and then add the pasta to the pan of spinach and pepperoni. Also, add to the pan a splash of the cooking water, the cream and chilli flakes.
6. Stir on the heat until everything is heated through. Then serve.
This is an ideal meal if you are late in from work or are short of time. I hope you enjoy, like always let me know what you think.
Here’s to a great year of cooking.
Until next time.