The beauty of this tasty pasta dish is that you can rustle it up in less than 15 minutes. There’s no real preparation to do yet the finished result will not disappoint. The salty pancetta packs a real punch with the creamy pesto sauce, whilst the peas bring a real freshness to the plate.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
200g spirali pasta
100g cubetti di pancetta
150g frozen petit pois
120g mushrooms (chopped in quarter slices)
6 tablespoons double cream
4 tablespoons basil pesto
1. In a large pan of salted boiling water cook the pasta until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan sauté the pancetta on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, there’s no need for any oil.
3. Just as the pancetta starts to crisp add the peas and mushrooms, give everything a real good stir. Cook on the heat or 5 minutes so the peas and mushrooms are cooked.
4. Add the pesto and double cream to the pan with a grinding of black pepper. Stir everything together and heat through.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, stir through on the heat. Serve immediately.
I like to eat mine with a salad and if you’re really peckish some garlic bread too is lovely.
So if you’re in need of a quick pasta dinner, why not have a go at making this. Do you have a speedy pasta recipe? I would love to hear about it, let me know by leaving your comments in the box below.
Until next time.