I do enjoy a good cookie or biscuit with a cup of tea, so you probably won’t be surprised that I linger in the biscuit aisles longer than I should. I recently found a new summer themed cookie in Marks & Spencer, so inspired by it I thought I would have a go at creating my own.
These soft cookies are filled with sweet pineapple, shredded coconut and white chocolate are a subtle reminder of tropical summers. To my absolute delight, the flavours although sweet, compliment each other beautifully. If there ever was a cookie that tasted of far away holidays then this is it.
These cookies are delicious enjoyed with a cup of tea or for the kids maybe a cool glass of milk.
Ingredients (Makes 14)
225g plain flour
175g unsalted butter (softened)
100g golden caster sugar
100g white chocolate chips
100g sweetened dried pineapple chunks*
50g dried sweetened coconut*
*I used Neal’s Yard Diced Pineapple sold in Holland & Barratt and Sainsbury’s Sweet and Tender coconut from the baking aisle.
1. Cream together the butter and sugar together until thoroughly combined.
2. Stir in the flour using a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes a dough. It may seem too dry at first but keep mixing and it will then come together.
3. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and pineapple. Knead the dough briefly in the bowl to evenly distribute added ingredients.
4. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
5. Divide the cookie dough into 14 pieces, roll each piece into a ball. Then, place the balls of cookie dough on the lined baking sheet and flatten until about 1cm thick.
6. Place both the baking sheets in the fridge to allow the uncooked cookies to firm up, chill for at least 1 hour.
7. Pre heat the oven to Fan 160c.
8. Oven bake the cookies for about 20 to 25 minutes, the cookies will be pale gold when cooked. I recommend you take a look at the cookies after 20 minutes and if you think they need longer pop them back in the oven. Don’t over bake as they will lose their soft texture.
9. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
My husband is so impressed he’s asked me to make some more and the my children love them too. I hope you enjoy these Tropical White Chocolate cookies.
Until next time and as always Happy Baking.