Intensely chocolatey and super soft these cookies are a chocolate dream. If they don’t satisfy a chocolate craving then I don’t know what will. Packed full of dark and white chocolate chips in a rich cocoa cookie dough these triple chocolate cookies are not for the faint hearted.
I thought my little tasters might find them too rich but to my surprise they didn’t. If fact, they gave my triple chocolate cookies a massive thumbs up.
Ingredients (Makes 14)
175g unsalted butter (softened)
100g golden caster sugar
185g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
75g dark chocolate chips
75g white chocolate chips
1. Cream together the butter and sugar together until thoroughly combined.
2. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder together, then stir using a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes a dough. It may seem too dry at first but keep mixing and it will then come together.
3. Add 120g of chocolate chips, reserving the remaining 30g for later. Stir the mixture until chocolate chips are fully distributed throughout the dough.
4. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
5. Divide the cookie dough into 14 pieces, roll each piece into a ball. Then, place the balls of cookie dough on the lined baking sheet and flatten until about 1cm thick. Place the remaining chocolate chips on top of the cookies.
6. Place both the baking sheets in the fridge to allow the uncooked cookies to firm up, chill for at least 1 hour.
7. Pre heat the oven to Fan 160c.
8. Oven bake the cookies for about 20 minutes for soft cookies, if you want slightly firmer cookies then bake for a little longer.
9. Once cooked remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
I’m not going to pretend these are healthy because they’re definitely not but a once in a while treat is ok. So if you’re in dire need of an extreme chocolate fix these cookies are for you. I hope you enjoy them.