This chorizo and spinach tagliatelle pasta dish has become one of my go to recipes when I need to cook something quick and tasty. Paprika infused chorizo, green goodness from the spinach and a little heat from the chilli flakes make this sauce a winner for me. Plus, it gets a big thumbs up from my husband too.
I always have packs of pre diced chorizo in the fridge and a bag of frozen spinach in the freezer, making this a great option if I’ve not had time to go shopping. I use the whole leaf frozen spinach which is usually frozen in cubes, typically one cube weighs about 25g so I use 4 cubes.
Here’s the recipe for Chorizo and Spinach Tagliatelle.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 small onion (diced)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
75g diced cooking chorizo
400g chopped tinned tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
100g frozen spinach whole leaf (usually 4 cubes)
1. Heat the oil olive in a large lidded casserole pan. Then sauté the onion until soft.
2. Add the diced chorizo. Cook the chorizo on a medium heat until it starts to crisp and release the paprika oils.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes, chilli flakes, frozen spinach cubes and a good grinding of black pepper.
4. Bring to the boil, then simmer with the lid on partially for 20 minutes. Stir every so often and break up the frozen spinach as it defrosts in the sauce.
5. Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve a small cup of the pasta cooking water.
6. Drain the tagliatelle and add to the sauce along with a splash of the pasta cooking water. Stir and heat through for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
This recipe evolved from my Gnocchi with Chorizo, Spinach and Tomato Sauce, so if you like this tagliatelle recipe I recommend you try the gnocchi too.
My blogging friend Mel at Le Coin De Mel has an equally delicious recipe for Chorizo Pasta also, do check out her beautiful blog and recipe.
Until next time.