I was travelling home from an amazing day trip to Borough Market, sat on a busy train reading my twitter timeline when I came across a tweet from Foodies 100 about the Giovanni Rana Recipe Challenge. As regular blog readers will know, pasta is a bit of a passion of mine and when I read that the prize was a one to one fresh pasta masterclass with Giovanni Rana, I just had to enter.
To enter the competition I was required to create an original recipe using a product from the Giovanni Rana Italian Indulgence pasta range. I opted to use the succulent chicken and rosemary ravioli, as I really liked the sound of the flavours. To accompany the ravioli I made a tasty tomato, mushroom and rosemary sauce.
The fresh ravioli filling was delicious and moist. My tomato sauce, with earthy mushrooms and fresh rosemary from my garden complemented the ravioli well. I was delighted with the overall finished dish and my family enjoyed it too.
Chicken with Rosemary Ravioli served with Tomato, Mushroom and Rosemary Sauce
2 x 250g packs Giovanni Rana Italian Indulgence succulent chicken with rosemary large ravioli
Tomato, Mushroom and Rosemary Sauce.
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 medium mushrooms (peeled and sliced)
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
400g chopped tinned tomatoes
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese (optional), garlic ciabatta and salad.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large lidded saucepan and then sauté the onion in the oil until beginning to soften.
2. Add the mushrooms and rosemary, sauté until the mushrooms begin to reduce.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer with the lid partially on for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the ravioli in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 4 minutes.
5. Carefully drain and arrange the ravioli in pasta bowls. Spoon over the sauce and finish off with grated Parmesan cheese if you like. Serve with garlic ciabatta and salad. Enjoy!
Wish me luck, until next time.
Disclosure: I received vouchers for Giovanni Rana Pasta to create my own recipe, which I’m entering into a competition with Giovanni Rana and Foodies 100. The prize is a fresh pasta master class with Giovanni Rana.