To my mind my rocky road bars are not a thing of beauty, well not to to look at anyway. Thankfully they taste good, extremely good. These rocky road bars are full of all the yummy treats I could find, cherries, Turkish delight, marshmallows, dried mango and crunchy amaretti biscuits. All smothered in a mix of milk and dark chocolate, honestly what is there not to like about these.
My daughter helped me make these and had great fun bashing the amaretti biscuits into chunks. Making and of course eating the rocky road bars was a great way to mark the end of the summer holidays. I’ve decided September is going to be a month of home cooking, I’m planning on making warming soups, casseroles, cottage pies and fruit crumbles. Ultimately my aim is to get my youngest to eat more fruit and veg, I’ll keep you posted on how it goes.
Rocky Road Bars
200g dark chocolate
200g milk chocolate
150g unsalted butter
3 tablespoons golden syrup
200g glacé cherries
175g crunchy amaretti biscuits (crumbled)
100g mini pink and white marshmallows
75g assorted Turkish delight (chopped into 1cm chunks)
50g dried mango pieces
1. Grease and line a 30cm x 23cm (12″ x 9″) traybake tin with baking parchment.
2. Melt the butter, golden syrup and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3. Once melted and cooled, stir in the glacé cherries, amaretti biscuits, Turkish delight and mango pieces.
4. Transfer the mixture to the tin and then refrigerate until set.
5. Using a large sharp knife cut into 16 or 20 bars depending on how big you want them. Enjoy!
Until next time.