This recipe for my Spicy Potato Wedges is a fantastic way of livening up old potatoes. Spiced with cayenne pepper and smoked paprika these wedges have a bit of a kick. I served mine with pepperoni pizza and a rocket salad, which made it a brilliant Monday night dinner. It’s also worth making your own sour cream and chive dip too as that works beautifully with the spices. I generally have all these ingredients in, so I can rustle up these potato wedges in no time at all.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
530g potatoes (4 medium all purpose potatoes)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Scrub clean the potatoes. Cut in half down the longest side, then cut each half in long quarters.
2. Pre heat the oven to Fan 200c
3. Par boil the potato wedges for 7-8 minutes and then drain.
4. Place the wedges in a non stick roasting tray. Drizzle over the olive oil, add a grinding of black pepper and a good pinch of salt. Then sprinkle over the cayenne pepper and smoked paprika.
5. Toss the wedges in the oil and spices so everything is fully coated
6. Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes, until the edges begin to crisp.
The Spicy Potato Wedges would be great served with my Chilli con Carne too.
I love to hear what you think, so don’t be shy and leave me a comment in the box below.
Until next time.