Sometimes only tea and cake will do, you know when it’s been one of those days when things haven’t quite gone your way. This delightful Coconut and Raspberry Jam Loaf Cake is the perfect antidote with a pot of tea. Whilst being big on flavours with a moist coconut sponge with a jammy coconut topping, it really is very simple to make. So pull up a chair and enjoy some tea and cake.
The cake is made using the all in one method, so it really is just a case of throwing it all in the mixing bowl and beating it for a minute or two. Then to make life even easier, which I always do is to use a non stick loaf tin liner from Lakeland. That way there’s no faffing with greasing the tin and cutting out baking parchment.
Coconut and Raspberry Jam Loaf Cake
225g self raising flour
175g unsalted butter
175g caster sugar
75g dried sweetened coconut*
3 large eggs
4 tablespoons raspberry conserve or jam
40g dried sweetened coconut*
*I used Sweet & Tender Coconut by Sainsbury’s found in the baking aisle
1. Pre heat your oven to 160c Fan.
2. Line a 2lb loaf tin with a cake tin liner or grease and line with baking parchment.
3. Place all the cake ingredients in a mixer and mix until well combined (about 2 minutes).
4. Spoon the mixture in the lined tin and bake for 1 hour. Check to see if it’s done, if not cover with foil and bake for a further 15 minutes.
5. Once baked allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
6. When the cake is cold spread the raspberry conserve on the top then scatter over the dried sweetened coconut. Enjoy with a cup of tea!
I’d love to know if you try out the recipe. If you do, you can tweet me a picture at @Juliemcpher or alternatively leave me a comment below.